Jan Matthies Records releases a live recording from the 1st International Jazz Solo Piano Festival at Konzerthaus Berlin, Germany. The event took place on 28th March 2009 on a Steinway & Sons Concert Grand - Model D.
The 12-page booklet contains Liner Notes by Howard Mandel, president of the Jazz Journalists Association and senior contributor DOWNBEAT Magazine:
"Best of 1st International Jazz Solo Piano Festival 2009 institutes a high standard for international solo jazz piano"
"Mathias Claus, Bob Albanese and Ayako Shirasaki are devoted, virtuosic, daring and expressive pianists, who together assured that personal, spontaneous interpretation of classic repertoire was the focus of the 1st International Jazz Solo Piano Festival. …"
Enjoy 3 swinging takes from each of the participating pianists:
1. Hymn for the lost Souls - Mathias Claus
2. Old Folks - Mathias Claus
3. Softly as in a Morning Sunrise - Mathias Claus
4. Manhattan - Bob Albanese
5. Time remembered - Bob Albanese
6. Morning Nocturne - Bob Albanese
7. Con Alma - Ayako Shirasaki
8. Someday my Prince will come - Ayako Shirasaki
9. Lennies Pennies - Ayako Shirasaki
Available now with audio samples on iTunes, cdbaby etc.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for interview requests or further info.
The International Jazz Solo Piano Festival is a project of JAN MATTHIES MUSIC MANAGEMENT.
JAN MATTHIES MUSIC MANAGEMENT