Re: top 10 favourite bands 18:36 on Monday, November 08, 2004
1. Pink Floyd
2. Led Zeppelin
3. Van Halen
4. Def Leppard
5. The Doors
6. The Beatles
8. Jimi Hendrix Experience
9. The Cult
If this was a list of greatest bands itd be much different. But hey these are my babies.
Re: top 10 favourite bands 22:40 on Monday, November 22, 2004
2.U2 (I`m young to know about them)
4.Jet (Has a 70`s theme of somewhat)
6.Yellowcard (Has an electric violin player ! thats cool)
7.The offspring (Good melodies)
10.12 girls band (Asian Group really good)
Re: top 10 favourite bands 21:59 on Friday, December 03, 2004
1. Lynyrd Skynyrd
2. Led Zeppelin
3. Pink Floyd
4. Guns N roses
6. Rage against the machine
8. 311 (unbelievably underated, they have atleast 30 GREAT songs)
9. Dave Mathews band
Re: top 10 favourite bands 18:40 on Monday, December 06, 2004
Im very sad not to see Megadeth on any of your list.
Metallica SUCK ASS in comparison
At least megadeth stay true to the fans and are not whining bitches
Dave Mustaine Was the best thing to ever happen to metallica. Thank God he got out before they turned into a bunch of mainstream pussys.
Re: top 10 favourite bands 20:31 on Wednesday, December 08, 2004
1. Led Zeppelin (no doubt in my mind they were the most talented group that there has ever been)
2. Oasis (if you only no wonderwall and champagne supernova please look into them more their songs are addicting, and Noel Gallangher is talented)
3. Allman Brothers
4. The Doors (its an acquired sound but start listening and you wont be able to stop)
5. Rolling Stones (absolute classics)
6. Lynyrd Skynyrd
8. The Who
9. Jimi Hendrix
10. Pink Floyd
Re: top 10 favourite bands 00:24 on Monday, December 27, 2004
1. Led Zepplin- not only had a great sound, but were also very original.
2. Jimmy Hendrix Experience- One of the most original guitarists in the history of music, an inspiration to millions of people. Also, he is considered a one hit wonder, how that happened, i do not know. Also, his solo in "all along the Watchtower" is incredible.
3. Carlos Santana- A great guitarist, one of the top five in my book. Also, sounds very similar to Hendrix, and may even be better than Hendrix. He also popularized latin rock with "Oye Como Va". Truly a great band.
4. Lynyrd Skynyrd- Another original band. More of a country style, yet they still had the ability to rock. If you have never heard Freebird, go do it right now. It is one of the greatest guitar solos of all time.
5. Van Halen- Eddie Van Halen, another of the greatest guitarists of all time. The solo in "Eruption" is a great solo and Van Halen also was able to make great covers of some mediocre songs (dancing in the street anyone?).
6. Rush- A very underrated band in my opinion. They were not only masters of the electric piano, but had a great sound too. Starting as a Zepplin tribute band, they were able to develop a great sound. Also, Neal Peart, the greatest drummer of all time laid down the beat, how could you go wrong with that?
7. Eric Clapton (and all bands associated: Cream/Yardbirds/Blind Faith/Solo Career/Derek and the Dominoes)- Eric Clapton, a truly great guitarist, all these bands were fairly successful and showed that Clapton could be versatile and play many different types of music.
8. Ozzy Osbourne (Black Sabbath)- Black Sabbath, while most other bands at this time (60s/70s) were playing songs about drugs or peace or general hippie stuff, they singing about very dark things. A very original band and also very heavy. Ozzy was also great solo. Crazy Train houses a geat guitar solo and his album "BLizzard of Oz" was great and he showed with "Mama Im Comin Home" that he could make great lyrics and wasn`t just a hard, senseless guy who bit off chicken heads. <-- seriously what`s up with that?
9. Guns `n` Roses- Possibly the best bands of the late 70s/ early 80s. GnR had a geat sound and was one of the few hard rock bands at that time to win a grammy (and in true hard rock style showing up drunk to accept it). Also could play more than just hard rock. "Civil War" was one of the best songs of the 80s. The only problem is, Axel was a HUGE part of GnR. Velvet Revolver just doesn`t cut it with me.
10. Rolling Stones- They were just purely classic. They made great music and cmon 40 hit songs? Who else can claim that? Keith Richards was also a wonderful guitarist.
And just to name some other greats -
11. Boston- Great sound, great lyrics, great harmonies
12. The Who - first rock opera ever
13. Tom Petty
15. Aerosmith - Damn how did they not make the top 10???
16. Blue Oyster Cult - First true heavy metal band (also a great SNL skit on them)
19. Red Hot Chili Peppers
Re: top 10 favourite bands 00:28 on Monday, December 27, 2004
Also there a many others, i mean how could you leave out AC/DC? Im jsut suprised that rush didn`t appear on more lists, if you haven`t listened to them, they are a great band, and to that guy who said Thw Who has great rythm, i agree completely, but Rush`s rythms and drumbeats blow Thw Who out of the water. There are soooo many more bands that i would like to put up there, i think i might create a new post, top 50 favorite hard rock bands