chriswindaka chris wind
Member Since: 12 Mar 2012
Status: Registered Member
Points: 32 points
Profile Views: 2533
None currently selected
No recent posts
No sheet music recently viewed
chris windís music can be sampled and purchased on cdbaby, amazon, itunes, and other online locations.
Sheet music is available for purchase at MusicaNeo.
chris wind has released fifteen albums, in four genres, broadly definedÖ
classically-inclined solo piano (stillwood, for Amelia, and Preludes, the latter are duets with a synth voice) and chamber music (Synthetic Chamber contains performances on synth), including haunting, melancholic solos for flute, viola, and cello (stillwood, Ruby Rose), a piece for piano and vocalise (stillwood), and two duets for piano and flute (stillwood, for Amelia)
new age solo sax pieces with rain, loons, and wolves (Ruby Rose), a set of piano pieces to various natural backgrounds (Ruby Rose), and two forty-minute pieces of energizing synthesizer music (Pacer 3 and Pacer 5); see also Preludes and stillwood (details below), which are on the classical end of the new age spectrum
electronic soundscapes (Rocks and Trees and AudioVisions) and electroacoustic fusions (Paintings)
social commentary collage pieces (think idea-driven mash-ups) (The Art of Juxtaposition and ProVocative), a radical Christmas album (chris wind`s Christmas Album), and poetry set to sound (dreaming of kaleidoscopes)
- Associate Diploma in Piano (A.Mus.) from the Western Ontario Conservatory of Music and Associate Diploma in Composition (A.R.C.T.) from the Royal Conservatory of Music
- concert performance in Toronto, Montreal, North Bay, and Guelph, most notably by saxophonist Paul Brodie
- featured in Canadian Composer
- included in several anthologies (Fobia, Spain; No Dub, Seattle; EBUís Xmas Compilation, West Germany; Best of Foolís Paradise, Belgium; Gajoob Samplers #1 and #8, Salt Lake City; Colere Unus, Alberta; Art Radio International, Montreal; Missing Link Music Sampler II, Seattle; Tapeworms #10, Dayton; The Ontario Electronic Tape Project, Ontario)
- presented papers at the Canadian Electroacoustic Community conferences in Montreal and Toronto and published articles in Musicworks and Contact!
Scores by chriswindchriswind has 4 Scores uploaded.