Here is my collection of clarinets so far (all from ebay)... Can anyone tell me which one is the best horn, the most valuable one and which one is the oldest one? (serial number shown)
1. Evette & Schaeffer Paris, Modele Buffet (3118)
2. N Noblet Paris (7797)
3. Evette, Sponsored by Buffet (C2438)
4. Evette, Sponsored by Buffet (B6664)
5. Henri Selmer, Paris (No serial number)
6. Signet Special, Selmer USA (53107)
7. YCL-32, Yamaha Japan (010521)
BTW, I have overhauled and put new pads to most of the clarinets... ALl playable now and they all sound alike to me... or may be Evette, Signet and the YCL have brighter tone.. I don't know...
Re: my clarinet collection 15:33 on Thursday, July 16, 2009
As a guess, I would say the Henri Selmer Paris is the best and most valuable clarinet in that list. As for age... they're all likely to be old. I think at least the Selmer Signet Special and the Yamaha are newer.
Re: my clarinet collection 03:16 on Friday, July 17, 2009