incase you are not familiar with the origional pictures at a exhibition. it was a suite composed by mussorsky in 1874. to help generate publicity for his freinds artwork he composed a peice for each picture.
how the competition is, i will post a picture and after and we will all make a composition based on the picture. when our entries are in we will vote for the winner. the winner of the that weeks chalenge will chose next weeks picture. if you chose the picture, you can win but you should still post a composition.
there will be extra time because this is the first contest. entries will close sunday 21st of june (not this sunday, next sunday. i will post the winners and next pictures in the <added> sections.
rules for composing
- can be any length. can be for any instruments in any key. pretty open ended
- post a link to enter.
- the composition must relate to the picture. post a description of how it is related
Rules for choosing a picture
- only the winner can pick next weeks picture.
- if you choose the picture you cant win that week
- if the winner doesent choose a picture in 2 days i will.
- the picture must be a form of artwork (photography, painting, graphic, anything aslong it can be conssiderd art)
so, get composing
im sorry but this contest is closed due to lack of intrest. i have moved it to a new forum
Haha, hi Norby, I forgot you hung out on 8notes from time to time. Yes, we've done competitions much like this on Young Composers - we usually have trouble getting things done as far as judges making decisions. But I'm sure you'll have more luck there than here, unfortunately. If you create thread on YC I'll find it and link it on the homepage section devoted to contests.