50 Greatest Rock Songs Ever 07:00 on Saturday, April 10, 2004
Ok this is the 100 Greatest Rock Songs Ever thread. How this will work is you make a list from 1 to 10 which you think are the greatest rock songs ever. Any genre of rock will be accepted including metal, punk, alt, rap rock, pop rock, classic, country. After 1 month I will tally the votes and post the list. If the thread isnt so popular it will be taken down to 50. Please down include bands no one has ever heard ever like splincity or ragamuffin. Feel free to include why you think each is that good. This is my list-
1.Queen- Bohemian Rhapsody: Silliness, fun and bravado.
2.The Who- Baba O`Reiley: Keyboard introduction, power chords, awesome drumming. Who can forget the lyrics "teenage wasteland...........we`re all wasted!".
3.The Clash- London Calling: Most important anti-war song ever.
4.Lynyrd Skynard- Sweet Home Alabama: Best guitar riff ever.
5.Aeorsmith- Walk This Way: Influenced rap/rock. Guitar riff kicks ass.
6.Led Zepplin- Over the Hills and Far Away: Best accoustic guitar line ever. Geniusly put together.
7.The Rolling Stones- Wild Horses: Best song Stones ever wrote. Great simple song.
8.Bruce Springsteen- Born to Run: Greatest epic "story" song ever. Alive, passionate and full of life.
9.Kiss- Rock and Roll All Night: Greatest rock and roll anthem ever. "Rock and Roll All Night, party every day!" We can all relate to that.
10.U2- All I Want Is You: Most romantic, sweetest song ever written.
Re: 50 Greatest Rock Songs Ever 21:25 on Sunday, April 11, 2004
(rock not war)
1.led zeppelin:stairway to heaven
2.the beatles:elenor rigby
3.the rolling stones:sympathy for the devil
4.nirvana:smells like teen spirit
5.guns n` roses:sweet child of mine
6.the doors:l.a women
7:jimi hendrix:all along the watch tower
8:the clash:london calling
9:the ramones:wanna be sedated
10:black sabbath:iron man
ohhh that was freekin` hard.........its hard to narrow it down!i will probably change my mind later but o well i tried!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 50 Greatest Rock Songs Ever 17:34 on Thursday, April 15, 2004
this IS hard!!! does it have to be 10 different artists? or just different songs....i mean, cuz AcDC kix.....butt. i`ll try to vary it. (these aren`t nessacarily in order...that would be WAY too hard)
1)i aggree. Ironman (black sabbath) yeah, one thing though. it`d be nice if they had vocal parts instead of all at one time. the guitar part is wicked!!!
2) shoot to thrill (AcDC) it`s by AcDC, that`s good enuf reasoning.
3) i dunno if u knew this but Led Zepplin did a wicked remake of Smoke On The Water, it doesn`t have the techno organ in the chorus, which makes it alot better.
4)7 nation army, i don`t usually like white stripes, but that`s just a cool song
5) another AcDc, back in black.....just cuz.....well, it`s AcDc, it can`t be bad....what am i saying?!?!?!?! nevermind, just cuz this song really rocks.
6) Enter Sandman is pretty good, and it doesn`t rock as hard.....what i consider sort of a relaxation song. lol
7) highway to hell, by...who else? i don`t usually go for these corrupted ones, with hell in the title but that one was just really good.
8) Detroit rock city (the beggining rox!!!) oh yeah...by: Kiss
9) thunderstruck....i`m starting to wonder if i`m a little obsessed with AcDC....oh well, whatcha gonna do?
10) would have to be......problem child. how`d u guess....AcDc!!!
P.S. u guys don`t seem taken up with this punk rock, y`know? Linkin park and all that junk. make-shift lyrics, pathetic guitar solos.....it just doesn`t do it for me. glad sum1 else aggreess!!!
P.S.S. sry for all the AcDc stuff, i AM obsessed....and i nvr know what else to download!! thanx for all the ideas!!!
Re: 50 Greatest Rock Songs Ever 20:06 on Friday, April 16, 2004
1)Vodoo Chile-Jimi Hendrix(Jimi is King)
2)Texas Flood-Stevie Ray Vaughn(SRV is crazy on his strat and this song is one of his best)
3)Stairway to Heaven-Led Zepplin(The best guitar solo ever)
4)Paranoid-Black Sabbath(just a good song)
5)cocaine-Eric Clapton(Clapton is one of the best guitarists of all time)
6)Eruption-Van Halen(Eddie has a perfect riff)
7)Crazy Train-Ozzy Ousbourne(Randy was the Best)
8)Johnny B. Goode(Orginal Rock Sound)
9)Sultans of Swing-Dire Straits(real good song)
10)why can`t this be love?-Van Halen(favorite song off all time)
Re: 50 Greatest Rock Songs Ever 22:23 on Friday, April 16, 2004
Um, I will give it a shot, I can come up with a few, but to narrow all the other ones down will be hard. I have one in order, the all time best song I know, but none of my other ones will be in order.
1. 2112-Rush The best song ever!
Okay, the rest are out of order.
2. Stairway to Heaven-Zepp
3. Sultans of Swing-Dire Straits
4. Bohemian Rhapsody-Queen
5. It Smells Like Teen Spirit-Nirvana(I had to pick between about 20 Nirvana songs, and I will only put that one down, but there are tons of other great ones)
6. Santa Monica-Everclear
7. Good Riddance-Green Day
8. Either Iron Man or Crazy Train, I`d like to put only one Ozzy Song down so I can have more variety, and I guess that is by either Black Sabbath or Ozzy depending on the song
9. Layla-Derek and the Dominoes
10. Adam`s Song-Blink 182
Man, as I said on Nirvana about half of those have other songs by the same band that could take their places, but there it is, I had to put a little variety in there too, I didn`t want it all to be the same. And I don`t know if it would count on this thread, but as a 11th vote i put Sing, Sing, Sing-Benny Goodman, but yeah that is a totaly different style.
Re: 50 Greatest Rock Songs Ever 14:51 on Tuesday, April 20, 2004
The primate`s scream of consonance is a reflection of his own mind`s dissonance...You cannot sedate all the things you hate says:
what are your 10 fave songs of rock
Burn your Face Upon the Chrome, I LOve Kimmy says:
1:Slayer- Angel of Death
2.Black Sabbath- War Pigs
3:BLS-Demise Of Sanity
7:Metallica-For whom the Bell Tolls~
8zzy-i dont know
9.ACDC-highway to hell
Re: 50 Greatest Rock Songs Ever 01:49 on Sunday, April 25, 2004
Alrighty here we go then
1. Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin (greatest solo of all time - jimmy page)
2. Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana (its just an inspirational piece of music)
3. Voodoo Chile - Jimi Hendrix(well its jimis best work)
4. Fade To Black - Metallica(one of my all time favs)
5. Civil War - Guns N roses(just beautiful guitar work -slash)
6. Otherside - Red Hot Chili Peppers(in my mind really well written)
7. I wanna Rock - Twisted Sister(just a good ROCK song)
8. Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Machine (nice guitar - Tom Morello)
9. One - Metallica(really good solo-Kirk Hammett, and also i think well written)
10. All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix(beautiful solo)
Re: 50 Greatest Rock Songs Ever 14:33 on Saturday, May 01, 2004
ok heres my opinion:
1. Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin - of course
2. You Shook Me all Night Long - AC/DC - if u have ever listened to good music u will understand
3. War Pigs - Black Sabbath - classic metal right there
4. Heartbreaker (the one on their greatest hits)- Led Zeppelin - the greatest guitar solo ever divised in my opinion
5. Sweat Child O` Mine - Guns N` Roses - the mighty GN`R
6. Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne - who doesnt know this song?
7. Back in Black - AC/DC - angus young is my favorite guitarist of ALL TIME
8. Rock N` Roll all Night - Kiss - the all time party rock song
9. Over the Hills and Far Away - Led Zeppelin - guitar, lyrics, everything
10. and here is where i very from all of you: Fortunate Son - Creedence Clearwater Revival - I know its different, but i dont think many disagree with me
of course my favorite bands are up there Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, but those are just MY top 10
Re: 50 Greatest Rock Songs Ever 18:49 on Tuesday, May 04, 2004
put some new stuff on the table:
1. Outkast & Rage Against The Machine: Bombs over Baghdad (we`re gonna count it as rock)
2. Jimi Hendrix: Purple Haze (the man is sick!!!)
3. Rolling Stones: Paint it Black (ever since I heard it at the end of Full Metal Jacket it`s in the top 3)
4. Led Zeppelin: Rock n` Roll
5. Metallica: For Whom the Bell Tolls
6. Rage Against the Machine: Killing in the Name
7. Rob Zombie: Dragula
8. Nirvana: Smells like teen spirit
9.Pink Floyd: Another Brick in the Wall
10. A perfect Circle: Rose
(BONUS: Tequila!: I`m not sure who does it cuz it`s an oldie and not really rock but the song is the best, and will stay in your head for hours)
Re: 50 Greatest Rock Songs Ever 15:32 on Saturday, May 08, 2004
1. the led- stairway to heaven
2. rolling stones- sympathy for the devil
3. areosmith- dream on
4. hendrix- foxy lady
5. janes addiction- true nature
6. the clash- rock the casbah
7. whitesnake- here i go again
8. alice in chains- man in the box
9. nirvana- lithium
10. red hot chili peppers- parallel universe
Re: 50 Greatest Rock Songs Ever 21:31 on Saturday, May 08, 2004
1.LED ZEPPELIN-STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN
2.LED ZEPPELIN-ROCK AND ROLL
4.LED ZEPPELIN-D`YER MAKER
5.LED ZEPPELN-THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME
6.JIMMY HENDRIX-PURPLE HAZE
8.KISS-ROCK AND ROLL ALL NIGHT
9.RAMONES-I WANNA BE SEDATED
Re: 50 Greatest Rock Songs Ever 23:02 on Saturday, May 08, 2004
Hey everyone. these are the greatest songs ever.
9.nirvana- you no your right
8.taking back sunday- timberwolve at new jersey
7.thursday- jet black new year
5.yellowcard- life of a salesman
4. funeral for a friend- red is the new black
3.papa roach- last resort
2. the starting line- cheek to cheek
1. rhcp- cant stop
Re: 50 Greatest Rock Songs Ever 09:20 on Sunday, May 09, 2004
01] pink floyd - one of my turns
02] blue oyster cult - don`t fear the reaper
03] bad company - feel like making love
04] the doors - break on through (to the otherside)
05] nirvana - breed
06] alice in chains - godsmack
07] queen - we are the champions
08] rob zombie - living dead girl
09] lynyrd skynard - saturday night special
10] soundgarden - spoonman
Re: 50 Greatest Rock Songs Ever 13:53 on Monday, May 10, 2004
wow this was uber hard.
1. Jimi Hendrix- Voodoo Child
2. Aerosmith- Shut up and Dance
3. Weezer- Keep Fishing
4. Guns N Roses- Paradise City
5.Beach Boys- Surfin USA
6. AC DC- back in black
7. Greenday- Time of your life
8. Beatsteaks- Hand in Hand
9. Iron Maiden- Run to the Hills
10. Simon & Garfunkel- Mrs Robinson (Its folk rock and its gd stuff)