Hail the Blest Morn
Sheet music for Organ
- The parts for this piece have not yet been generated.
- Request Parts
About 'Hail the Blest Morn'
Traditional Music of unknown author.
1. Hail the blest morn, see the great Mediator,
Down from the regions of glory descend!
Shepherds, go worship the babe in the manger,
Lo, for his guard the bright angels attend.
2. Cold on his cradle the dewdrops are shining;
Low lies his bed with the beasts of the stall;
Angels adore him, in slumbers reclining,
Wise men and shepherds before him do fall.
3. Say, shall we yield him, in costly devotion,
Odors of Eden and offerings divine?
Gems from the mountain, and pearls from the ocean,
Myrrh from the forest, and gold from the mine?
4. Vainly we offer each ample oblation;
Vainly with gold we his favor secure;
Richer by far is the heart's adoration;
Dearer to God are the prayers of the poor.
5. Low at his feet we in humble prostration,
Lose all our sorrow and trouble and strife;
There we receive his divine consolation,
Flowing afresh from the fountain of life.
6. He is our friend in the midst of temptation,
Faithful supporter, whose love cannot fail;
Rock of our refuge, and hope of salvation,
Light to direct us through death's gloomy vale.
7. Star of the morning, thy brightness, declining,
Shortly must fade when the sun doth arise:
Beaming refulgent, his glory eternal
Shines on the children of love in the skies.
|Score Key:||C major (Sounding Pitch) (View more C major Music for Organ )|
|Time Signature:||4/4 (View more 4/4 Music)|
|Number of Pages:||1|
|Difficulty:||Intermediate Level: Recommended for Intermediate Level players|
|Style:||Traditional (View more Traditional Music)|
© Copyright 2000-2022 Red Balloon Technology Ltd (8notes.com) |