Is there a name for this `ornament`??

Is there a name for this `ornament`??    15:45 on Tuesday, May 8, 2007          

(11 points)
Posted by kit_kat

I haven't posted on this part of the forum before, so if this is the wrong place to post I apologise.

I'm writing a commentary on an A level piece I've composed, and I want to talk about my piccolo part. I have a D, followed by the A above, followed by the D above that all played as demisemiquavers. It's at the start of each bar for about 20 bars and is a sort of 'flourish' over the melody. What I need to know is, is there a proper name for this, because I don't know what to call it! :S

Thanks in advance if you can help me! I'm desparate!


This forum: Older: Strong enough...
 Newer: How can I get around an overpowering bandmate?