Help Please...

Help Please...    10:46 on Friday, December 9, 2011          

(1 point)
Posted by appudds

Hey guys. I am new to this forum. i am a self taught drummer. playing for around 2 years. I thought of taking percussion recently. So, i dont know much about the percussion instruments. Can anyone tell me what type of percussion instrument is used for hollow, dark, melancholic music? Like, say for instance.. Take this song
Can anyone tell me what type of percussion is used in this song? [Or the percussion used in similar dark, hollow songs?]
Any help will be kindly appreciated. Thanks a lot

Re: Help Please...    15:03 on Monday, January 2, 2012          

(1 point)
Posted by Artsplore

I am not familiar with a percussion instrument that produces those sounds naturally.

However, it sounds like industrial sounds (eg: knocking on large wooden surfaces, or even metal beams) that were sampled and processed electronically with reverb and pitch shaping. Then triggered through a Midi controller.


This forum: Older: Mics for Cajon
 Newer: things that annoy you most/find hard to deal with?

© 2000-2021